Monday, May 14, 2012

Dear Crazy 8 Class of 2016,

Just now it is starting to hit me that school will be done for the year tomorrow. Holy cow. Maybe it was seeing many of you at the awards ceremony tonight. I saw a group of young people that had grown (mentally, emotionally, physically), not only throughout this 8th grade year, but all three of your years at Memorial.
Time goes really fast, in case you were not aware of that. Time to reflect is valuable, and we'll get to do that tomorrow, but it won't be long at all before your next challenges are here. It will be awesome to see you all meet those challenges, whatever they might be. Work hard. Have fun. Be a good friend. Be nice to your parents (Gasp!). Oh, and don't pretend that you're too cool to say "hi" to me when you see me around.
Sincerely, Mr. Hoegh

PS. When Clara, Elsie, and I were at awards night eating cookies outside, we found the missing film canister from our GPS contest. It was hidden by the time capsule in a bush. I'm about to figure out if the results will change. Oh, the suspense!

2 comments:

Deb Kindrat said...

You are brilliant, Kemosabe!

gabriel p. said...

I kind of wished I really did fail and retake 8th grade just to have as much fun as I did.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template