Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dear Crazy 8 Class of 2015,

I want to thank you for a great school year. Can you believe it's over? We just got done with our Minute-to-Win-It Contest, and soon we will be eating pizza, watching the slideshow, and signing yearbooks. Time goes faster than you think it will.
Last night I was reading your responses in the Google Form you filled out to end the year. It was great. Many of you had such a unique, honest take on what our class has been. It was overwhelmingly positive, and that made me feel good. It also reaffirmed my belief that you all have a voice that should be heard frequently, and that our science blog is a place for it. You are all invited back to the blog (and this school) anytime. It was, and is, yours.

Hopefully you're looking forward, at least in some degree, to the summer break. It won't be long at all until you complete your transition to high school. You will face many challenges there. Please meet those challenges with all you've got. That is what it takes. My belief that "Hard work cannot be replaced mere talent/ability" is strengthened by everything I read about research on learning and success. So much of what you can and will accomplish depends on this GRIT factor. The amazing things that all of you can do will be awesome to see. I will be there as your fan, whether that is in the classroom, court, field, or concert hall.

Sincerely,
Mr. Hoegh

1 comments:

Makiah S said...

3. I learned that Mr.Hoegh has a wife named Leah.
He has a child named Clara.
I also learned that he can do the moonwalk!
2. A procedure I've learned is to come into class and sit down and take out your assignment notebook and write down the assignment for that day.
Another procedure I've learned is to raise your hand when you have a question.
1.I'm looking forward to when gymnastics starts.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template